The Clash - Last Gang In Town download
Tracklist Hide Credits
Producer – Guy Stevens
Producer – Guy Stevens
Producer – The Clash
|A5||White Man In Hammersmith Palais|
|A6||All The Young Punks|
|A7||Safe European Home|
|A8||Lost In The Supermarket|
|B2||Return To Brixton
Remix – Jeremy Healy
|B3||The Magnificent 7 (Dirty Harry Full Radio Mix)
Producer – Mick Jones
Featuring – Allen Ginsberg
|B5||Should I Stay Or Should I Go
Producer – Mick Jones
|B6||Walk Evil Talk|
|B7||This Is England|
- Liner Notes – Richard Spiral
NotesLimited edition of 500 copies
From the back cover:
1. 1977 - Polydor demo. Produced by Guy Stevens at Polydor Studios, London, in December 1976 prior to the bands signing with CBS.
2. Whit Riot - Another Polydor demo from the same sessions.
3. Garageland - Complete version of the Rude Boy Rehearsal Rehearsal outake from 1978, restored and non-varispeed version. This is the first time this version, in this format has ever been released.
4. Pressure Drop - CBS demo. Produced by The Clash at CBS studios, London, in late 1977.
5. White Man In Hammersmith Palais - Alternative lyrics from the 1978 single. This was recorded in March 1978 at the Marquee Studios in London. The music is the same as on the single release, with an earlier, rejected, vocal overdub.
6. All The Young Punks - This is from the demo tape made for CBS, proposing the Give 'Em Enough Rope album. It is nice to hear this song sans Sandy Pearlman. It has been restored from a casette tape copy so sound quality is not the best. This demo version has been released previously, but has always been too fast, here the varispeeding has been compensated for. This is the first time that this version, in this format has ever been released.
7. Safe European Home - This is one of the 6 tracks that didn't make the final cut of the From Here To Eternity album. Recorded on 27th July 1978 at the Music Machine, Camden Town. It was filmed by David Mingay, and footage used in the Rude Boy movie.
8 . Lost In The Supermarket - There are not many outtakes from the London Calling era, and what there are have been extensively released. (King Of The Road, Blonde Rock & Roll, Louie Louie, Mona, You Can't Judge A Book By It's Cover). So here is a very rare live performance of this London Calling track recorded at the Majestic Theatre, San Antonio, Texas on 22nd May 1983. This song was only ever included in the set during a short mini tour prior to the infamous US festival appearance.
1. Revolution Dub - This shorter, single edit of Rude Boy Rock was used in the Rude Boy soundtrack, and later (with lyrics), was released as Revolution Rock on the London Calling album.
2. Return To Brixton - The 1990 Jeremy Healy remix of the London Calling track Guns of Brixton
3. The Magnificent 7 (Dirty Harry Full Radio Mix) - This is an early version of the Sandinista track Magnificent 7, produced by Mick Jones in New York, 1980. This was never offically released, but did get distributed around some radio stations as promotional material.
4. Capital Air (with Allen Ginsberg) - Written between Frankfurt & New York, Dec. 15, 1980 by Allen Ginsberg. Recorded live with Ginsberg on vocals at Bond's Casino, Times Square, New York City, June 10, 1981.
5. Should I Stay Or Should I Go - This is the Mick Jones produced version of the song. It was part of the rejected Rat Patrol From Fort Bragg album which after the input of Glyn Johns, went on to be Combat Rock.
6. Walk Evil Talk - This is an edited (2 min 46 sec) version of a very recently discovered 8 minute jam from the Combat Rock sessions. It features Joe on the Piano and Topper on Drums, and even has a degree of production with some delay on the drums. The original 8 minute version contains no surprises, it is just more of the same. A dark, mellow, freeform jazz dub that meanders along.
7. This Is England - This is a completely different version from the Cut The Crap version. It was mistakenly issued on Dutch 7" singles in 1984 (250 were pressed) before the mistake was discovered. These ended up being given out as promos by the record company.
All tracks have been extensively restored and remastered using modern digital equipment, however due to the age and nature of some of the recordings, the are (thankfully!) not perfect. In the most part, I have gone for highly listenable songs, with only a few concessions to obscure rarities.
Richard Spiral April 2003 For Kim, with love, Goodnight Darling xxx
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side A): DSLP-001-A-1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side B): DSLP-001-B-1
|DSS LP 001||The Clash||Last Gang In Town (LP, Ltd, Unofficial, Yel)||Darkside Records||DSS LP 001||UK||2003|
|DSS LP 001||The Clash||Last Gang In Town (LP, Comp, Unofficial, Gre)||Darkside Records||DSS LP 001||UK||2003|
|DSS LP 001||The Clash||Last Gang In Town (LP, Comp, Unofficial, red)||Darkside Records||DSS LP 001||UK||2003|
|DSS LP 001||The Clash||Last Gang In Town (LP, Ltd, Unofficial, Cre)||Darkside Records||DSS LP 001||UK||2003|
|DSS LP 001||The Clash||Last Gang In Town (LP, Comp, Ltd, RM, Unofficial)||Darkside Records||DSS LP 001||UK||2003|
Download The Clash - Last Gang In Town mp3 flac album
Related at The Clash - Last Gang In Town albums:
Rock / Stage and Screen
Rock / Pop / Folk, Country
Rock / Pop
Stage and Screen
Aaron Copland / Halsey Stevens, Akeo Watanabe Conducting The Japan Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra - Dance Symphony / Symphony No. 1 mp3 download
Deborah Harry - I Can See ClearlyThe Varukers - The Varukers E.P.Tinman - Eighteen StringsQueen Of Jeans - Dance (Get Off Your Ass)Iron Maiden - Fear Of The Dark - LivePeople Under The Stairs - The Gettin' Off Stage, Step 2Héroes Del Silencio - Senderos De TraiciónDucktails - Jersey DevilUFO - ObsessionAnimals As Leaders - Animals As LeadersWatchtower - Concepts Of Math: Book OneDavid Bowie - Hunky DoryHellfyre Club - _____Hijack - Hold No Hostage / Doomsday Of RapLou Reed - TransformerLamar Thomas - Feel So Good InsideTomas - Mind SongDJ Trema & The Avenger - UntitledMatrix - It's Time To RockGramatik - The Age Of Reason